Precise Tension Isolation
MECA produces vacuum pull rolls, also known as vacuum tension rolls (VTR), that give web coaters and converters the ability to dial in precise tension levels for optimal performance. Our vacuum roll product line features enhanced designs that deliver durability, value and are more efficient than most vacuum rolls on the market.
Typical applications for vacuum rolls include the following:
- Tension Isolation
- Pull rolls
- Transporting wet or coated webs
- Replacing nip or S-wrap rolls
- Handling light webs at low tension
- Controlling tension in flotation dryers
- Web Guiding
- Maintains good grip on web during steering
- Metering Applications
- Maintain control during start-stop operations
- Control tension during loop accumulator operations
Engineered for superior efficiency, MECA’s vacuum tension rollers are available in 12 standard sizes ranging from 175 mm (6.890 in.) to 450 mm (17.717 in.) in a variety of standard finish options. Custom-engineered sizes and finish options are also available.
Pete Eggen, MECA’s VTR engineer, provides the expertise behind our vacuum roll products. Pete has more than 20 years of experience and has earned an international reputation as the foremost authority on vacuum roller design and applicable processes.
In addition, Ken Korth, MECA’s VTR technician has over 10 years of experience producing and servicing vacuum rollers that are installed all over the world.
Vacuum Roll Benefits
MECA’s vacuum tension rolls provide a variety of significant benefits that enhance control of the web while eliminating the possibility of scratching and other damage.
- Single-sided contact with coated webs or other sensitive web materials.
- Isolates low (to near-zero) web tension from adjacent higher-tension zones.
- Enhanced ability to process lightweight or delicate web materials.
- Achieve tension control with smaller wrap angles.
- Provide tension control at high speeds by removal of air boundary layer.
- Safer and more accessible line layout.
- Constant web tension control.
- Non-slip gripping of the web without risk of embossing or other damage.
Vacuum Roll Surface Options
Choose from any of our five standard roll surface options for a range of performance characteristics that fit virtually any web application:
Electroless Nickel Plated
- Smooth finish
- Compliant surface
- Highest traction/grip
- Enhanced traction/grip
- High release coating
Fine Mesh Screen
- Best for thin or sensitive webs
- Textured with micro-grooves
- Added traction/grip
- Enhanced air exhaustion
Contact Pete Eggen at (920) 338-0138 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive additional information, request a quote or obtain an application checklist.